02 Feb More about IID
More about IID-UK:
It was formed in 2009 under the leadership of Homayra Sellier, President of Innocence In Danger. Its initiatives are funded solely by tax deductible donations.
- To help rehabilitate abused children in the UK through creative therapy sessions of art, drama and music. This encourages children to grow and effectuates positive change in a safe environment.
- To initiate and make available latest research in the UK that highlights the scale and severity of child abuse.
- To raise awareness of child abuse in the UK: Informing, Educating and Sensitizing communities about the magnitude and long term effects of child abuse in our society.
- IID-UK will work with other IID chapters to study and evaluate the human, physical, psychological and economic cost and impact of abuse on the society – and the best practices of post trauma therapies .
- To work alongside psychologists, doctors, family members and artists to offer quality rehabilitation programs for children.
- To replicate the IID model in major cities across the UK to continue touching more lives.
- To support research on child abuse in the UK and make findings available to the public to educate the society about the causes and different help communities.
- To set up a research unit in the long run to produce campaign reports and briefing papers to influence decision makers.
Philosophy: Research. Education. Rehabilitation.
- To support the proven benefits of creative therapy for abused children.
- To find effective solutions for helping affected children and their families.
- To continue organizing rehabilitation retreats with other offices of IID in Germany, Colombia, Switzerland and the US.
- To identify children that would most benefit from special treatments given by IID ****(USA) programmes and IID partner agencies.